Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday Ferbuary 6, 2010.....


.....is the day that my life was changed.
I am not sure if it was changed for the better or not!
That's the day that I fell in love for the first time
in my life
with
BACKYARD BIRDING!!!!!


This is a picture, taken today, showing Cedar Waxwings and Eastern Bluebirds.
A total count of 6 Cedar Waxwings and this is the first day that they have been spotted here.
That is a beautiful bird!!!

Miss Mier......the bird cat......
oh what trouble you will be in when I see
his feathers sticking out of the sides of your mouth!



The bird feeder that Danny built me last Sunday.



Dinner time!!
The good times have begun!



And it all started because of these little beauties showing up in my Crabapple tree outside my window on Saturday 2/6/2010.
Danny went to the hardware store that morning and bought the supplies needed to make me this great feeder and it has been a very exciting week since he hung it in the dogwood tree.
I have rearranged my office so I can see the birds with out having to get up and run to the window....I still get up and run to the window with my camera when a new bird is spotted anyway.
My camera broke and I had to return it and I upgraded to a Nikon D3000!!!
I have to be on the look out for a new zoom lens so that I never miss any birding action, too!!
The count for the week is as many as 40 Eastern Bluebirds at one time.
Cedar Waxwings = 6
Dark Eyed Junco's = 30
Sparrows and Wrens = several
Female Cardinal = 1
(odd because we usually have Cardinals and not these other birds....Global Warming huh?)
Black Crows = 6 everyday
Bird cats = 3 for the time being hahaha






and that's the reason this blog was started!
I want to have a journal to track the birding action around the farm. A place to be able to refer back to in years to come and monitor my progress with this new found hobby of ours.
Yes Danny is knee deep in this one right along with me!!!!!!
Happy Birding!!!
Becky






1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful blog. Your bird count is amazing and I like your playlist too. It's nice you two can share your love of birding. Congratulations on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete